Friday, 7 August 2009

Good grinding

I've put in some decent hours on the tables since the last post. Albeit at NL50. Good news though, I'm crushing. You'll remember a few posts ago I talked about sustaining a 10bb/100 winrate at NL50 over a reasonable sample (10k+). Well, I've done it...



That's nearly 17 buyins in a week, and when rakeback + bonus is considered, is a nice hourly rate of around £35 ph. I'm still waiting on an RTR payment from last month where I won $1250 in their rake race. I was going to put this straight into play but I might just bank it and play another week of what has been pretty much stress free poker at NL50. I was actually below EV for the month too, but I caught that up today. I'm not too arsed about moving up, all I'm really wanting to do this month is have an easy life and be able to bank a nice wedge for Vegas in September.

Only thing that is wanting me to move back up is to be able to rake a Killarney package with Ladbrokes. After The Derby and Helicopter VIP days with them, I really want to go to this. This would be a lot easier at NL100, as at my volume of play I'd be a cert for a €1.2k package. I will have other opportunities to win one but they are mostly ~100 runner, one package MTTs. I can never be arsed in such a structure.

The helicopter day was awesome by the way. Honestly one of the best experiences of my life. Being in command of such sensitive controls in what is effectively a flying bubble is really exhilarating. I'll post some pics in another entry when Ladbrokes get round to putting official pics and video (a la Derby) that I can also include.

I did make a somewhat brief and somewhat disastrous return to NL100 temporarily the other evening. Holmes informed me of a super donk sat at one of his tables, so I also sat. Soon to be joined by Soap. Let the minraising commence. After getting 3bet by one regular in the same spot for the fourth orbit in a row, I decided to trap with 2nd pair, but was very wrong as top set is good sir. Nice timing. Soap also spazzed out after an early minraise from Holmes and also got it in pretty bad with a naked flush draw, but as any really good tournament player does, binks off the diamond anyway. I also lost a race for a stack before finally getting the donks remaining €50, so not a profitable visit at all!

Lifestyle wise I am back in training and on a super healthy diet. I've managed to borrow an exercise bike and have been giving that some hammer. It's great because as I've done naff all for so long, you really see improvements fast. First session I barely managed 20 mins and only did 6km. On Tuesday I did 20km in under 40 minutes. I actually think I over exerted slightly as I've been feeling the knee since, so didn't do any leg work at the gym yesterday, or cycle today. Doesn't feel like anything major. I'll be breaking the trend of Weetabix and berries for breakfast, and cous cous for lunch this weekend when I'll be venturing up to Newcastle for a BBQ with the lads. Good luck all :-)

1 comment:

Poker play the Soap way said...

Playing much better in sessions I have watched - refound your mojo exceot for that one spaz move v the best player on the table who obviously had you crushed.

PS i min raise even more at PLO than NLHE !!!! :)