Saturday, 21 March 2009

Brutal stuff

Wow I think this month could well be the end of me!

I fought back to go back up over £3k up for the month, then last night logged my biggest ever losing session ever ever ever. I nine tabled 2/4 and got absolutely mullered. I only lost 6 buyins but that is over £2k in actual moneys and pretty much wiped my profit for the month. The hands were totally super cooler setups too. I wouldn't have felt bad about this session at all had it not been for such a significant amount of money. AK loses race, QQ loses race, KK Vs AA, QQ Vs KK and one marginal spot early on where I stacked off with top 2 Vs a made flush on the turn. I could have folded here but there is a large chance he has worse 2 pair trying to protect, or semi bluffing w/Ax flush draw. Plus early on I always lean towards showing down. It's only one buyin anyway, I guess I just wasn't expecting to get setup for five more + change :-S

Anyway I got back on the bandwagon this morning and thankfully won about a third of it back at 1/2. I'm really glad to have hit the ground running after that session. The rake race is ticking along nicely though, go on check_lol flying the flag for Britain! Although there is some sneaky small print in the RTR promotion that means I only get it matched up to a max of $1k. Still nevermind, makes for a nice bonus.

Looking forward to heading out on the beers tonight for footy marathon of Portsmouth Everton, Spurs Chelsea, then Arsenal Toon. Man Utd are away at Fulham and it will be on telly (they show all the games here, TrueSport on cable has 6 channels, so if there are 6 or less games on at once, they are all on!) but we'll have a shit side out and hopefully grind out a boring win. Spurs Chelsea could well be a cracker!

Non pokerwise I don't really have much to write about. I seem to sleep, watch The Sopranos on DVD, eat, play poker, watch footy when it's on, go out drinking once in a while, go out for a massage once in a while (legitimate!) and eat lots of crap from the 7/11 just round the corner. I think I am addicted to Mentos. They are so rediculously moreish. I don't think they're that widespread in the UK, but seriously if you see a pack, buy it, have just one, then write a comment on this blog agreeing with me after you have demolished the whole pack in 30 seconds flat. They are also 20p a pack here so I've put on weight again! I've also lost my tan staying inside hammering the poker. Must have a day off at the beach soon. And also get big game fishing booked up, looking forward to that one!

I'll leave you with a super awesome hand history...

PokerStars Game #14887035490: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2008/01/28 - 13:11:01 (ET)
Table 'Philia' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: Mrs Peru ($10.05 in chips)
Seat 2: Issam 13 ($11.85 in chips)
Seat 3: Timobub ($1.85 in chips)
Seat 6: @sjh16 ($8.25 in chips)
Rake 16 will be allowed to play after the button
@sjh16: posts small blind $0.05
Mrs Peru: posts big blind $0.10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Mrs Peru [2s 2d]
Issam 13: raises $0.10 to $0.20
Timobub: folds
@sjh16: folds
Mrs Peru: calls $0.10
*** FLOP *** [3c 3d 2h]
Mrs Peru: checks
Issam 13: bets $0.30
Mrs Peru: calls $0.30
*** TURN *** [3c 3d 2h] [3h]
Mrs Peru: checks
Issam 13: bets $0.50
Mrs Peru: calls $0.50
*** RIVER *** [3c 3d 2h 3h] [3s]
Mrs Peru said, "sick sick sick"
Mrs Peru said, "22"

Mrs Peru: checks
ss06vi joins the table at seat #5
Issam 13: folds
Mrs Peru collected $1.95 from pot
Mrs Peru: doesn't show hand
Issam 13 said, "lucky"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $2.05 Rake $0.10
Board [3c 3d 2h 3h 3s]
Seat 1: Mrs Peru (big blind) collected ($1.95)
Seat 2: Issam 13 folded on the River
Seat 3: Timobub (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: @sjh16 (small blind) folded before Flop

Respect the six card, super duper full house of quads plus trips by open folding, well played :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree with the moreishness of mentos ( yes its a word, check the dictionary!!). I still have half a pack from last night and that has nothing to do with the all you can eat buffet, 2ltr bottle of coke, maltesers, pistachios and mexican bbg!!!!