Sunday, 21 December 2008

Merry Christmas me!

Lets start with the footy xmas do. I got loads of pressies!

Unfortunately they were all a complete piss take. For those of you that don't know I've put on a fair bit of weight this year, hitting the weights pretty hard and the kitchen and takeaways even harder ;-) Anyway at the time the secret santas were announced, I was over 16 stone. So yes, I got shit loads of food as presents. Such gems as blocks of lard, packets of 'Porkys' pork scratchings, and huge packs of biscuits. Briggsy who was my secret santa, sneakily sent an email to everyone, saying spend an extra £1 and get Brenos some food! Pretty funny I must admit. I also got a calendar where the image for each month was someone who looks like me. People like Kanye West, Joleon Lescott, Carlos Tevez, John O'Shea and Tommy Lee (it's not even that big). To top it all off, I got an XL t-shirt with an image of Chunk from the Goonies doing 'The Truffle Shuffle'!! These jokes were a bit lost on a few of the new players, as I'm now 14.5 stone and still losing. Bring on the beach in a couple of weeks! :-D


The whole night was great as usual, with the rigging of the secret santas awesome again. Earlier in the year, Ager had used "I've got no dry clothes" as an excuse not to come out. So he obviously got an airing rack and 'The Count from Sesame Street' t-shirt cos he looks like him. 6 bats! Ha ha ha!

Cranny got the perfect present. A mug that he can fill will beer so he can get mortal shitfaced 6 nights a week, with an image of a bodybuilder with a perky bum sculpted on the outside. An excellent conversation starter with any bouncer!

There were lots of other good ones. Azz got a much needed faux first aid kit. Briggs received a no entry warning from Taybarns 'all you can eat' near the Metro Centre, and a guide on how to use My Space safely. There are plenty of dodgy fat munters out there! John got a mousemat from all the girls at Diamond's Club for being such a good customer. Ben got some much needed exercise equipment for the busy male executive (apparantly). Honourable mention to the buyer of the Luxury Shed Calendar, but how Sherwood didn't get some gardening gloves and a tube of superglue I'll never know ;-)

Pokerwise I've been doing better. I've won over $700 so far this weekend, and hopefully can do something in a VIP bonus tournament a bit later. I've also agreed to go into a staking deal which will see me play 1/2 for hopefully some higher profits. I've been so close to getting there myself, but with going away I wouldn't have been able to take a shot again any time too soon. It's a short term deal which suits both parties I think, though trust was never going to be an issue. Hopefully with the sun on my back and nothing to do I can heavily concentrate on grinding out some good poker in the coming months.

I'm getting pretty excited for going now. My hot new 17" 1920x1200 laptop arrives tomorrow, can't wait to get loads of videos put on there for going away, and of course all my poker software. I've got my backpack which I'll stuff with what clothes I've got and then I'm pretty much ready. I think I'll just buy stuff over there as and when I need it. I do need lots of new clothes, but you never know what Santa might bring too!

New Years in Bangkok is going to quite the experience I think, can't wait! Also been thinking on other places to go and there is just sooo many options in SE Asia. We're all pretty relaxed about it though and will just decide when we're out there after speaking to the many travellers which I'm sure we'll bump into in all the bars!

I also think I'll keep this blog going for poker content and stories of debauchery, and open up a serious one with cultural trip reports and nice scenic pictures for the family to look at ;-D

Happy Christmas all, good luck at the tables :-)

EDIT: Placed 5th in the VIP tourney for $1500, and won some more on the cash tables at the same time. $2500 for the weekend :-))))

3 comments:

Poker play the Soap way said...

Good arrows m8

James@StackTown said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas from StackTown

Have a great holiday season
James

TEAMDOBB said...

good luck in ya big adventure