Sunday, 7 December 2008

10k breakeven

The past few days I've logged 10k hands for effectively no money. It's frustrating because I'm sure I'm playing really well. My non-showdown winnings are keeping me in the black this month and it's the first month in a while where my "red line" has been consistently positive. But...I'm getting absolutely mullered at showdown and in preflop all-in spots. AK and QQ lose every race against their respective classic opponent, and I'm on the losing end of dominating situations too. In those situations where the money is going in no matter what I've been on the wrong side of things, and I'd say I'm personally accountable for maybe 20% of these spots where I could have maybe done things differently. This has to turn soon so I decided to see if the people at Ladbrokes could help...

Andy says:
hi joe
Andy says:
can you disable my doomswitch please?
Ladbrokes - MGR Joe says:
Hi Andy - How's it going?

I'd love to turn the doomswitch off for you (and myself for that matter) but it doesn't exist...
Andy says:
I'm breakeven this week
Andy says:
my account is check_lol
Andy says:
can you not just pretend?
Andy says:
it would make me feel better
Ladbrokes - MGR Joe says:
yeah I can pretend...

DOOMSWITCH DEACTIVATED!
Andy says:
SWEET
Andy says:
cant wait for my account to go boom when im playing tomorrow
Ladbrokes - MGR Joe says:
Gl anyway m8
Andy says:
just one last thing
Andy says:
can you flick that special switch that makes me favourite in pair over pair situations?
Ladbrokes - MGR Joe says:
I'll get in trouble for all this pretending lark lol ... flicked!
Andy says:
BOSH!
Andy says:
cheers joe
Andy says:
i wont tell


COMMENCE THE RUN GOOD!

I also had a faff around in my software folder and decided to use my super photoshopping skills to modify a theme to make multi-tabling a bit easier on the eye. I found a table with all the suits showing and grabbed this screenshot. I actually lost this hand to A9o on the river!!


But yeah check out the sweet yellow card backs, high-vis deck, low key felt and background making my crazy HUD stats easily readable.

Now to get AA vs KK a jillion times next week... ;-D

EDIT: In retrospect things aren't that bad!!

No comments: