Sunday, 3 August 2008

July review

July was good, finishing on around $6k for the month. Still no joy with the CPC though will be looking at upping the effort on that front as I've not played even a satellite since getting one outered in the final a few weeks ago. There are some IP Platinum promotions that are worth me playing some extra volume on cypto as well this month. Also I've left a bit more money online this month than normal. I hope that if I can string a few wins together at the start of the month, I can move up to NL200. I've said it before and it's been a long time coming, but hopefully it can happen soon. I'm really looking forward to it.

I played in the Poker Player Mag tournament at the weekend at the Grosvenor. Was a great atmosphere with absolutely amazing NPF support. A lot of the info on the tournament can be found in the Live Updates area so check that out if you want a rundown. The structure was OKish in that it's better than normal but still rubbish from my outlook as a >100BB cash player. In the first two levels I had to fold a couple of mid sized pots, that if won would have given me so much more flexibility. All of a sudden it's then push fold poker, which I did for a good eight levels. My first exit hand occured when I pushed late w/K9 to run into AT in the SB. I thought that was it but no I am left with a solitary 100 chip on the 600/1200 level :-) I see garbage for the rest of the orbit, then pick up K5cc UTG. My chip (lol) was going in anyway to maximise any return, but nice to see a top 30% hand! I get a few calls and on a A24 flop I get protection from KQ which I love, but I miss my pair, straight and chop outs. I was a bit tired anyway but bloody hell one tabling a ten seater game of poker is sloooooowwwww. I'm used to 900 hands an hour, not 20! Thankfully a great atmosphere was good entertainment and it was nice to meet a few new people.

Also found this video of Soap's German lovechild playing an online SnG. He has his dad's (once) blond locks as well as his temperament ;-)

2 comments:

Poker play the Soap way said...

looool

Think that was my Maccau sat :D

TEAMDOBB said...

imagine atmosphere at forum championship Bren o:)