Wednesday, 4 June 2008

Shit start

I've played shit today. Mistimed every move, bluffed the wrong people, made a few horrendous calls and been careless with aggression. I've lost $800 today which I'm going to see to that this never happens again. I'll have to work something out.

Thats effectively my rakeback payment gone, so I can kiss goodbye to NL200 this month at least. Nothing more than I deserve and I'm really unhappy with myself. I'm going to take a few days off NL, and have a deep study of my PT database thus far. I'd definitely plateaued in terms of studying and improving my own game, which is shocking really. A couple of decent months and I get arrogant.

Consider my own backside, kicked!

3 comments:

TEAMDOBB said...

heres me thinking you had cracked it!!!

Pud's Poker said...

What stepsare you going to take to stop you spunking off so much cash? Will you be setting a stop loss for each session? This is something I need to do and wondered what figures you'd be using to set a limit when you leave the tables.

Brenos said...

Certainly don't have it cracked mate! I tend to have one absolutely god awful session in about twenty. Hopefully that was it and I can work on cutting that number down even further.

You hear the pros telling you to set a 3 buyin stop loss, but if you're 8 tabling that is a silly number, as it's nothing out of the ordinary to have a 6 buyin swing within an hour.

Like I've said I'm going to have a look at my database which is now large enough that I can do some pretty effective standard deviation sums on, and work something out. I'll post what I come up with.