Friday, 25 April 2008

Personal Challenge

I've realised that I've raked a fair bit this month, in that rakeback should be in the region of ~$800 when it comes in early May. So I've decided to make a huge withdrawal to leave me just $1k bankroll and play NL50 for what should hopefully be only a couple of weeks.

Have felt a bit iffy about poker lately and feel I need a break and probably a bit of a kick up the arse. I lost three buyins in absolutely no time this evening, which was the ultimate confirmation that I maybe need to do this.

Previously I've felt I've been been unlucky with aggression preflop, and losing races. I squeeze w/QQ and AK gets there, I squeeze w/AK and miss etc etc. Perhaps I need to calm down versus the regulars, even though I've had more than my share of bad beats. The same is true versus the donks, where in some cases I've been value betting for them. The money did go in bad this evening.

I'm going to watch a few small stakes videos over the weekend and not play at all until Monday. Fingers crossed this has the same kind of effect as my last break, I go on a tear and regain my confidence.

Also the orthopeadic surgeon has recommended I don't go for the knee operation. At least not unless there are some complications. I've been given the go ahead to do as much as I can within the pain barrier. Obviously I'll be easing myself in but I can't wait to go for a jog next week. It's felt strong when I've had to pick up my feet and hurry across the road and other stuff, so I'll do some jogging on grass on Tuesday I think. Been hammering the gym lately so couple that with hopefully a lot of running soon and I should be in decent shape for the summer and next season!

9 comments:

Ben said...

Dropping down to NL50? Are you crazy? You've been killing NL100 for about 2 months, so I wouldn't let 3 buy ins knock you. Take a break for the weekend then log back in to NL100 - unless of course you are too scared of The Tuna to do so...

TEAMDOBB said...

cant agree more with Ben!!!

Brenos said...

Too late now, the moneys out and I really can't play NL100 with just $1k.

I think this is potentially a really smart decision. I don't at all feel like playing even now. I've lost a bit of an edge this last week and I've nipped it in the bud early.

Break, get game together, attack a game I know I can beat for a great winrate, profit, move up positively.

I think Ben just doesn't want to see me at NL50, you best sit out mate ;-)

Ben said...

Sit out?? You must be joking - I'm just going to leapfrog you and play NL100 instead! $1k bankroll in Laddies for me too now = 3 tables of NL50 and 1 at NL100. I hope I'll be four tabling NL100 before middle of May!

Here's a challenge to get you back in the poker mood - I'll race you to $2.5k. If I lose I'll do Stratosphere rides next year with you. If I win you have to do all 4 rides no handed!

Don't even think about using rakeback to win or I'll just raid my Interpoker account to trounce you!!

Brenos said...

Whatever. I've got an iPhone.

Brenos said...

Sarky comments aside that challenge is stupid. I'll walk it due to the higher volume I can play, and the forfeit is total bollocks.

I go on them all no handed but if you somehow miracle a win I go on them all anyway?!

Ben said...

You lost a previous bet so you're going on anyway - at the moment the rest of us are going to sit back and watch you piss yourself!! I heard that the X-Scream once got stuck, with people in, for 2 hours...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfEqfjNHlfA&feature=related
can't wait to see your face when you go on!!

Fair point though about the volume, how about a BB win rate challenge? Just trying to build your motivation up

Brenos said...

That bet was taken when I was drunk! I'd had at least two and half pints!

Anonymous said...

Brenos, you blog seems to be turning into a gay chat up room, sort it out!