Wednesday, 26 March 2008

Riding the crest!

I can't remember what it feels like to have a losing session. I feel great about my game at the moment. Another $250 to the good tonight in only 1k hands. Well on track for a $3k+ month before rakeback and bonuses.

I feel I have conquered the tilt monster. That's easy for me to say on the back of umpteen winning sessions, but my frame of mind and approach to the game seems to be almost emotionless at the moment. I think I owe a lot of that to Card Runners also - the way the pros nonchalantly brush off the beats in the videos and keep you concentrating on thought processes & hand reading rather than the two outer they just suffered, has been a great help. It's not like I've not had any bad beats lately either - they've been just as bad - but they're barely even tweaking a response nowadays. This is very different to someone I know who I'm sure is going to break his £100 monitor after suffering a $50 beat one of these days. R!

I'm itching for a crack at NL200 but must hold off till May as I want to get my car paid for from poker. It's very unlikely I'll have sufficient bankroll before then. Especially as I have no desire to play tournaments so a big one-off win is unlikely. I'll just have to make sure I'm still killing NL100 for another good 5 weeks.

Run well ;-)

6 comments:

Amatay said...

nice results m8, what sites do u play on. i c u got my linked up so i'll link u on my more also.

Anonymous said...

Point taken - but we all know who the real R is...

'why do you need glasses then?'

Brilliant..

TEAMDOBB said...

Never in doubt man- you need to give me some lessons young azi!

Poker play the Soap way said...

Enjoy it while it lasts

To truly the appreciate the good one must also have experienced the bad - "some wise man once upon a time"

Anonymous said...

ok then Brenos let it out who is R?

Brenos said...

First anon is Holmes, I assume second anon is The Colonel?

You boys might as well get signed up, get blogging too if you're playing!

Cheers for the optimism Soap ;-)